CHEVY ALMS AT SEBRING 12-HOUR: Corvette Racing Advance
85 ALMS CLASS WINS AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES
CORVETTE RACING ADVANCE
61ST ANNUAL MOBIL 1 TWELVE HOURS OF SEBRING
SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
MARCH 16, 2013
DID YOU KNOW? Both the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios. The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency.
CORVETTE RACING & TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles
CORVETTE RACING FOR THE FANS AT SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:
• Fans can visit the Corvette Racing Display in the Sebring International Raceway in the midway area, and the Chevrolet Ride and Drive will be located in the Skid Pad.
• Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: 2014 Silverado, 2014 Impala, Volt, Malibu, Traverse LTZ, Sonic Hatchback and Spark.
• On Saturday, March 16, fans will be able to see the C7 Corvette Stingray at the display.
• Fans can see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer.
• Other activities at the Corvette Racing Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids.
• Display hours of operation: Thurs. March 14th – 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Fri. March 15th – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. March 16th - 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• Ride and Drive hours of operation: Fri. March 15th 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. March 16th 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
CORVETTE RACING IN AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES (ALMS) COMPETITION:
• Corvette Racing has 85 ALMS class victories, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.
• Corvette Racing has nine Manufacturer and Team Championships, and eight Drivers Championships.
• They were the Michelin Green X Challenge GT Manufacturer and Team Champions in 2012.
CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK—SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:
• Chevrolet drivers have seven Sebring 12-Hour class wins at Sebring International Raceway (2002-04, 2006-09).
• Corvette Racing drivers finished 1-2 in the Sebring 12-Hour race three times (2007-09).
• Corvette Racing has qualified first in class 9 times at Sebring.
• 2013 marks Corvette’s 57th year in international road racing. John Fitch and Walt Hansgen drove a Corvette to a Class B victory at the 12 Hours of Sebring in 1956, the first step onto the world stage that established Chevy's sports car as a contender in top-level competition.
CORVETTE RACING at SEBRING INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY – DOUG FEHAN, Corvette Racing Program Manager
"Sebring has so much importance and not just from an historic perspective. You have to remember it is the inaugural race of the 2013 ALMS season. Every manufacturer has worked all winter to present their most competitive product to both their fans and their adversaries. Along with all this, it is Corvette's 60th Anniversary year and all of the world will be watching. Don't forget, when you are the reigning champions, everyone has you in their sights. This year's 12 Hours of Sebring has the potential to be a monumental battle and all of us at Corvette Racing are fully prepared to defend our crown."
Chevrolet American Le Mans Series Statistics
Manufacturers and Team Championships
Total (2001-2008, 2012): 9
24 Hours of Le Mans Class Wins
Total (2001-02, 2004-06, 2009, 2011): 7
Total (2002-2008, 2012): 8
2012 Event Victories
(Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Virgina International Raceway): 4